The Ohio Youth Institute
At this exciting day-long event at Ohio State University, participating high school students have the opportunity to:
- Present research and recommendations on how to solve key global challenges related to food security in a short speech and small group discussions with local experts
- Connect with other student leaders from across Ohio to share ideas, identify solutions to these problems and build lasting friendships
- Interact with global leaders in science, industry and policy
- Take part in educational sessions and interactive tours at The Ohio State University to explore current research and issues in international development and life sciences
- Meet innovative researchers, professors and college students in Ohio working to end hunger and poverty and improve food security around the world.
The program is funded by The World Food Prize Foundation and the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences, and administered by Ohio State Extension and the Office of International Programs in Agriculture.